My goal was to quilt two small quilts that have been hanging in my Flimsy section of my closet for quite some time. I'm so happy to have them both finished.
The first one is from a challenge in my quilt guild in Brownwood Texas from 2007 or 2008. If I remember correctly, we were to put fabrics in a brown bag and then exchanged them. The receiver was to make a project and then return it back to the original person. I put a panel and some coordinating fat quarters in my brown bag. This is the wall hanging I got back. I loved it then and still do. What's not to love about red/white/blue? It is 38" x 45". I don't usually do a meander quilting on my projects but this one just seemed to call for it... so that's what I did. I even had some fat quarters left over from the original fat quarter pack that I pieced together for the backing.
The second one is one of my oldest Flimsies. It's been hanging around since the late 80's/early 90's. I made it for a sample for a class I was teaching in Missouri for the Lover's Knot. It was only 42" x 42". It was so frayed on the edges from being moved from several houses in Missouri, then on to Arkansas, on to Texas and now finally to Illinois where it's another project checked off my list. I'll most likely donate it as a charity quilt in the guild I belong to here.
I'm so very happy to have these two UFO's finished. The other two gals in our little challenge group finished again this month too.
Barb was actually on vacation all month, visiting her grandkids in sunny, warm South Carolina. She had two small projects that she brought along with her.
The second table runner posed a little problem. The kit was short some fabric so she went to plan B. She had brought along a bag of scraps that were given to her. She had no idea what was going to become of them except that the bag had to get empty. Voila! She pieced a baby size quilt and also a backing for it. With the remaining scraps she made a doll quilt. And she reports she only had about a dozen small scarps left for her Bonne (Hunter) bins. Whoo Hoo!
Deb finished this one for her February Challenge. She says she pieced it in the 90's... "UGLY", using poly batting, and pieced floral backing.
I think it turned out wonderful! A great finish!
All of us are so glad we are participating. We are getting things done and off our lists. Bring on March! I'm linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts on her Let's Bee Social linky party.