It started by me dragging my butt out of bed later than normal. I didn't oversleep, I just laid there longer than I normally do. My morning routine has been off all week. The boys have an 8:00 a.m. class so I'm last in the shower taking pecking order.
Then I cruised the Internet and email longer than my usual time as well. Today I decided to tackle the second block in my EQ7 Seasonal Row Along. I've been putting it off because it's paper pieced. I have a love/hate relationship with paper piecing. Hate how messy it is and how time consuming it seems to be but Love how perfect it turns out.
First thing I notice is that I created the block 8" x 9"! What!!!?? Now WHY did I do that. Of course I sent it to the blog coordinator who in turn sent it out to all the participants in the blog hop.
So now the block is fixed. Off to print my foundation papers to paper piece it. Fiddle Sticks.... the printer is adjusting it to fit on one page and simple math tells me that a 9" block won't fit on one page when the paper is only 8 1/2" wide to begin with. I messed with that until noon. I was so frustrated I could have spit nails.... But no luck yet.
Maybe an Iced Tea is what I needed. I text the King and ask him to pick one up for me on his way home for lunch. Guess what?? He forgot. So off I go to get my own tea.
Back home in my studio... Gave up on printing the block. I just decided to enlarge the block until I got it the size it is suppose to be.... Finally mission accomplished! Back to the studio to get some fabric attached to that paper.... Well ding, dang, darn... I just spilled the whole glass of tea I just bought. Mess cleaned up... Finally first row complete....
Wait... that's backwards.... the blue star tips are suppose to be on the left and the red heart part is suppose to be on the right... URGH.... I forgot to print in "mirror image". Back to the printer.... In my mission to figure out how to print mirror image, I figured out that EQ defaults to a 6" block and I needed to change the block size to 9". Geez! Something so simple and I wasted about 6 hours on this! Foundations printed correct size and mirrored! Whoo Hoo!!!
Ok... 3 sets of row 1 complete, 3 sets of unit 2A complete, 3 sets of unit 2B complete.... UH OH!! One of these rows is not like the other....
Yep, even though I wrote the color of fabric I was suppose to be using on the foundation paper, I apparently didn't pay any attention to it! Double URGH!!
I quit for the day.... Of course during this whole entire process this afternoon, I have managed to sew something backward, place the wrong color of fabric on the paper... and sew it like that, cut fabric too small for the foundation (more than once), sewed a pucker in a section, and picked up two pieces of fabric and sewed as one... At one point I thought I should just quit and work on the custom quilt I have in the frame but I didn't dare. I probably would have stitched out something wrong or something even worse.... I really should have gone shopping.... Oh well, tomorrow's another day and it surely has to be better!
I'm linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts on her Let's Be Social Post.