The "bricks" are cut 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" from shirts and denim jeans.
There was quite a bit of difference in the weight of the denim and the shirts so my seams would consistently press to one direction or the other. I tried pressing them open but they wouldn't cooperate that way either. So I top stitched all the seams open with the gold thread. It was almost like sewing 3 quilts together as I sewed it once to put it together and then top stitched it on both sides. Yikes!
I quilted it in light systine thread using "Deb's Swirls.
I found a chambray shirting fabric for the backing. I think my customer will love how it turned out. I did!