Thursday, July 25, 2013


Okay, I know its been a while a month of Sundays since I last posted.  And I know I said I'd try to do better that last time I fell off the wagon and didn't post for a month of Sundays.  But, I'm saying it again.... I really am going to try to do better. 

So, to catch you up;    this little sweetie and her momma were here for a month for a visit from Japan.  I spent most of the month at my mom and dad's in Missouri the whole time they were here so as not to miss a moment with them.
We took her on a little vacation to Branson.  We rode the ducks, played miniature golf and went to Whitewater and Silver Dollar City. 
During my visit, I helped dad clear his garage to make room for the conversion of two of the bays for a recreation room.  You have no idea how much stuff is in that garage.  The first day was a little overwhelming as dad didn't want to part with anything.  I think we just moved it from one side to the other.  However, after a couple of days, he was ready to get rid of it all!   Either that or he was suffering from a heat stroke. 
As you can see, it will full to the gills!  And busting at the seams!  There was even things in the rafters/attic storage. 

And believe it or not, we didn't sell out at our garage sale but we sure made a huge dent in it.  Someone came the day after the sale and bought the rest!  Whooo Hoooo!!! It's gone!
Fourth of July was celebrated at my sister's and the whole gang was there.  These two were the stars of the day though.
We, as in Gregg, William and myself, also scheduled a trip to Missouri State University in Springfield, MO and toured the campus and met with the head of the computer science department.  William has decided to attend college there.  I think it's a great choice and I am very comfortable with it.  Well as comfortable as a mom can be about her baby going off to college.  Meanwhile, back in Texas the first week of July, William received his FFA State Lone Star Degree at the FFA Convention in Dallas.
 (William is on the left)
Then it was another trip back to Missouri to finish off our visit with Hollie and Raleigh.  We took in the Vernon County Youth Fair and I saw and visited with so  many people I hadn't seen in years.  I had the best time!  While there, William made the decision to attend my alma mater Nevada (MO) High School his senior year.  (Well, he didn't just decide that weekend.  He's been thinking about it for quite some time now.)  Gregg and I have very mixed feelings about it but it is inevitable that he's leaving home sooner or later.  This next year will be a break in for what's to come when he goes to college.  I'm happy for him and he seems very happy with his decision.  He will live with grandma and grandpa.  I wonder if they are ready for a teenager in the house again. 
My final escapade was the quilt retreat at the Wimberly Quilt Ranch with 7 of my best friends.  I finished up several UFO's and made progress on a couple more.  I'll post pictures on those on another post. 
I'm finally back home in Texas and quilting like a mad woman to catch up before I leave again next week to go back to Nevada MO to enroll him in school.  He and I will come back to Texas for two weeks and to get all his stuff before the final move for him. It's hard to believe school starts tomorrow in just a few short weeks!  Where did the summer go? 

No comments

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love to hear what you have to say. Please leave me a comment.

© The Quilting Queen Online | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig